Health and Safety Officer APPLY NOW
Established in 2015, AU Vodka has grown significantly with four distinct flavours that are widely recognised across the UK , and is now a market leading high end brand.
We are looking for someone motivated & passionate to join our growing team at AU Vodka as a Health and Safety Officer.
- Help maintain a safe working environment, by preparing, developing and implementing clear policies and procedures in line with Health & Safety legislation and good practice and communicating these to all employees.
- Lead in-house training with all employees about Health & Safety issues and risks and issuing certificates, when required.
- Carry out risk assessments and site inspections to check policies and procedures are properly implemented.
- Record incidents and accidents and implementing measures to reduce the risk wherever possible.
- Organise maintenance works and the remedial action required from risk assessments and audits.
- Conduct investigations and complete investigation reports.
- Monitor contractors/Sub-contractors qualifications and ensure compliance on site.
- Keep up to date with new legislation and any developments that affect the Company, its employees and visitors.
- Ensure compliance with legislation on a range of specialist areas, e.g. fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise, safeguard machinery and occupational diseases.
- Ensure the safe installation of equipment.
- Propose and manage agreed changes to work practices that are safe and comply with legislation.
- Ensure the safe disposal of hazardous substances.
- Coordinate the provision of of PPE.
- Carrying out regular visual checks of first aid boxes, fire extinguishers/pulled pins, H&S information and posters after updates.
- Managing fire log book and evacuations.
- Providing H&S inductions for new staff and site visitors, as well as re-training for existing employees.
The ideal candidate would have:
- Excellent organisational and communication skills with the ability to work at all levels of business.
- A good understanding and use of microsoft office.
- Experience in a Health & Safety role within an industrial office and warehouse environments with a good understanding of issues and legislation including Fire Regulations 2005.
- Experience of delivering Health and Safety training
- Excellent people skills with the ability to pursuade others to take action when required.
- Strong awareness of COSH.
- Strong organisation/prioritisation skills.
- Strong written, oral communication and presentation skills.
- An interest in the law and the ability to understand regulations.
- The ability to plan own diary and work on own initiative.
- A full UK driving license.
- Free on site parking 🚗
- Free food and drinks 🍽
- Employee discount💸
- Casual dress🙌
- 28 days holiday inc bank holidays🏖
- Flexible working culture👊